Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Metacognition Book Cover

John Nguyen
Mr. Gallagher
English 12 CP Period 7
10/30/08

Metacognition

Another assignment I did was the illustration of a novel cover for the memoir, “On The Road” by Jack Kerouac. It took be several hours to think it over because I had to decide what I wanted to do. I decided to give a short paragraph of why the readers should buy it mainly about the history and what went on in the story as hobos. In the novel, the plot is mainly traveling as hobos all around the United States. As the book cover, I chose to portray a main street of the road. The road symbolizes traveling. The people buying it could also think relate to cars since it’s a street. Usually when people think of cars, they also think of distances or miles to travel which could also relate to a plane and train. All these are types of vehicles of travel which I want to symbolize for my book cover. The spine also portrays a road because I wanted to stress the street on the book attracting people who like to think aesthetically. The summary I wrote on the back of my book is mainly about the plot. To interest the buyers and give them an understanding of the book whether or not they’re interest. I also gave the back of where or who it was reviewed from. The company or the person itself reviewing it could attract the readers more attention whether they know or not.

No comments: