John Nguyen
Mr. Gallagher
English 12 CP Period 7
11/06/08
Self Assessment
During the first quarter, I received an eighty nine average. This annoys me because I was basically a point away from receiving an A for the quarter. The five parts to my average are major writing and assessments, homework, participation, quizzes and open responses, and my reader’s notebook. I felt that I could’ve exceeded than how I did this quarter. Next quarter I aim to receive an A or above.
First part of my grade is the major assessment, which is thirty five percent of my grade. I scored a three hundred forty out of four hundred. The remaining sixty points would have risen up my grade. I feel that I did well on all, but the poem explication paper, which I could’ve redone over and over until I was satisfied with my grade. I chose not to do it because I kept on forgetting to schedule a meeting with Mr. Gallagher when I had the time.
Second part of my grade is homework, which is fifteen percent of my grade. I received a seventy six out of eighty points. The four points I lost was from the video critique of act 1 A Doll’s House homework. I felt satisfied with my homework part of my grade because I received a ninety five average overall for the percentage of my grade.
Third part of my grade is participation, which is also fifteen percent of my grade. I received an eleven out of fourteen total points. The three points I lost was two points from class participation which I could have done better on and lost one point from the debate for A Doll’s House. Overall, I received a seventy eight for participation which also affected my grade. Next quarter, I plan to participate more in class which will help my grade to receive an A.
Fourth part of my grade are my quizzes and open responses. The points I received was nineteen out of twenty points which were the two quizzes and no open responses. I retook one quiz where I received a seventy on and received a ninety on the retake. I should have retaken the quiz again to aim for a hundred to receive a twenty out of twenty for my grade.
Fifth part of my grade is my Reader’s Notebook. I received a one hundred fifteen out of one hundred twenty which is also fifteen percent of my grade. I actively did well on my reader’s notebook, but lost five points from my first reader’s notebook check. I think I only lost points on my DJ’s because of depth. When I received that, I decided to put more effort into the other DJ’s and received full points for the rest of the DJ’s.
Moreover, I felt that I’ve done well this quarter, but could’ve done better to receive one or more points to my quarter average. For next quarter, I plan to participate more, remember to add more depth to all DJ’s to achieve full points for the grade, and take advantage of rewriting major writings and assessments even though I do well on them to aim for full points. I also plan to achieve an A for next quarter. According to snap grades, if I have redone the poem explications, which dropped about two points of my grade, and did well on it, I’m confident that I would’ve received a ninety for the course, which I kept on forgetting to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment